Friday, February 25, 2011

End of term 1

I feel like I just blinked and term 1 came and went. It was fast even though there were painfully slow and sometimes just painful days. I've got an arsenal full of take-aways. I think my colleagues would agree that there were periods were it became more about "cramming it in there" for the sake of the test than really absorbing the concepts.

Final outcome for Quant. It's over. I don't know my grade but I think given that I ran out of time on the exam, anything less than an A+ doesn't reflect how much I really enjoyed that class. Before our final, I tutored my friend in the subject and she did better than I, so regardless of what my test says, I’ll know in my heart of hearts even if I didn’t test it well in 75 minutes, I knew how to do it, I taught it and helped someone else have confidence in a pretty tricky subject.

Prior to the exam, we received a practice test a week before our final. We would have 75 minutes to solve 3 problems, after class my friend Anne said "I couldn't finish it if I had a day!"

IE is a fast program. I know one of the biggest lessons I’ll sharpen will be prioritizing. I feel Santa Clara undergrad quarter system was good training for this pace but wow man I hope everything feels downhill after this place.


My class: N2 celebrating after our final class of the term. Now onto a cafe for some canas and tapas in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment