Sunday, September 26, 2010

El Rastro

Today I went to El Rastro, the Sunday flea market in the La Latina district in the city. I was eager to see this place after reading and hearing about it. It was definitely packed. The set up was very similar to the Santee Alley or the Rose Bowl flea market, lots of the same things, some pretty inexpensive things, some junk too. I saw a man try to swipe the scarf a little girl dropped but she picked it up in time. Wow was he fast!

I bought a bright blue pashmina, only 2 euro!! Kathy was right, scarves are so inexpensive here, it was a good idea to leave most of mine at home.

Afterward finishing at the flea market I met up with Chris and we ate at the San Miguel Mercado. I love this place. It’s just absolutely gorgeous inside and lots of good good bites. Today’s amuse bouche(s) included some of the best food I’ve had. Last night’s dinner was pretty stellar as well but I didn’t take a picture of it.

From 100926
Like a seafood pico di gallo. Oh my gosh was it good.

We ended with tart yogurt with berries and dark chocolate covered almond slivers. Yes! Robyn and Eva!! They have tart yogurt! A little bit different than the yogurt we frequent but very close.

Afterwards we walked around the city and went into the Royal Palace Gardens. I wish I could have napped there. It was hard not to. It was gorgeous weather. I am nodding off as I'm writing this so best to end there.

More photos: See Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment