When I think about how my Term 1 work group has struggled with our accounting project, I laugh. Last night after Apeksha and I left the library I had a case of the giggles. I think my threshold between finding the humor in our situation and sobbing over it, is running very thin. Our group's collective desperation is sitcom-worthy comedy.
Earlier today we spent our work group meeting reorganizing our tasks and as we were packing up one group mate said “I’ve never worked so hard in my life” another said “I came to school to work less!…I think I made a mistake (coming here)…” and another said "If they offered to pay me even half of my tuition back, I'd walk away right now."
It is with pleasure that I introduce to you my Term 1 team -
Apeksha, my female companion from India. Jose Luis, our native Spaniard. Diego, Mexico meets Miami. Constantin, from Austria has incorporated his trademarked word “rubbish” into our Information Systems report. And Cagdas from Turkey, who often tells us we could things the "right way" or we could do things the “Turkish way.”
Our team has been working on our Financial Accounting midterm assignment for over four weeks and it was finally the week it was due. For our assignment, we have to translate a year’s worth of transactions into the financial statements and create an Annual Report. We started over a month ago and I have dedicated I don’t know how many hours. I became acquainted with Apeksha's sofa at 4 am one of those evenings. In one of our last meetings there was back and forth as we tried to apply logic to accounting concepts to our spreadsheets and Constantin broke the conversation with “we need professional help.”
No comments:
Post a Comment