Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fourth of Jul(ie)

It was really the Fourth of “Julie,” the mother 3 year-old twins and a 4 week old newborn, and the daughter of Mary and Les, my friends from California. I celebrated any Independence Julie and her husband Donny were able to gain because Les and Mary were on hand to rotate through the every 4 hour feedings, diaper changes or setting up a twin with a sticker project. It was hard to convince a three year old not to go into their parents' room at 6:30 am because their parents sleep-deprived.

I spent the weekend feeling at home. They had a barbeque with friends on Sunday and I caught fireflies with some of the kids while they had a bonfire going.

On Monday when I was back in the city, I met up with Dustin and his group of friend and threw a bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita in my purse. I unintentionally ended up bringing this bottle to a restaraunt but I was a hit with Dustin's friends.

We went to a friend of a friend of a friend's rooftop and watched the fireworks display over the Hudson River.

From July 2011

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment