Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Friday Night Glee

It’s Friday, my second week down and today my coworker told me he was going to the Glee concert tonight. Before I left work I made sure we shared the same musical evening plans. I had a fantastic seat for purchasing the least expensive ticket, 5 hours before the show started. I was “both feet in first” for the journey, Broadway, the latest pop song covers to come.

Now just figuring out how to get to the arena in New Jersey. Madrid is one of the easiest public transit systems - intuitive and very well marked!! Sorry New York, you could afford to have a few more signs, or at least signs intersections. I found the bus, I found where the bus took off and I got there.

At this concert, they were filming parts of the In Concert Live DVD, and Gwyneth Platrow made an appearance too singing Celo's "Forget You." This also mean that before the finale, the singers repeated a couple of the songs. Definitely a talent group of kids, my age!

During the Warbler’s “Silly Love Songs” one of the camera men started filming me...and bashfulness came over. Maybe someone out there will watch that DVD and if they use the footage of me singing, they recognize the raw, reckless karaoke talent.

From June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment