Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter…and the delicious cave bar

Last night Erick, Amanda, Phillip and I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. I was beside myself with excitement. Amanda and Erick found a theatre that showed movies in English and made the ticket arrangements. In Madrid you often buy a specific seat. If you are a moderate Harry Potter fan and are going to see the show please consider that they spend much of the time in the forest in the first half of the book. Erick did not find the movie to be the wonderful part one that Amanda and I did because “nothing happened.” As I told Chris, I love that Harry and his adolescent antics.

From 101120
Harry my love!

Afterwards we met up with Justin and Amanda from the “Valley” in Los Angeles. We met them at El Chapandaz a bar decorated to look you’re in a cave. We ordered their famous leche de patera which I have no translation for to offer to you. It was a liter of cinnamon, sugar, alcohol and milk which dropped from the ceiling. It was good, but it was a lot of milk. I don’t drink a lot of milk and my half of this liter (I shared one with Phillip) was more milk than I would drink in ten days. The smallest drink glass you could order at this bar was a liter size, they went up to six. Initially the Amandas and I rocked out to music in the ample space we had. More ie friends turned up and they ordered one of these 6 liter glasses (you’ll see it in the photos).

From 101120
The group in the caves

1 comment: