Sunday, November 28, 2010

I feel like I just got engaged!

My best friend Kristen Swoboda just accepted a proposal of marriage from the strapping love of her life Kurt. She told me this morning but I’ve been hushed until she was able to call everyone. I want to wrap up her perfect Tahoe Thanksgiving holiday and engagement and keep it in a treasure box for her.

Incommunicado with the US, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t tell 25 of my Spanish friends!!!

……
me: I feel like I just got engaged!!!!!!!!!
Greg: “congratulations on your vicarious engagement”
me: Thank you!!!!! I’m friengaged!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I feel like this I can’t imagine what they must be feeling. All of them, the whole fam!!! (I love you guys!!!!!!)

After I talked to Kristen, a conversation that was mostly alternating laughing / crying, and surfaced from my room, my roommate said “Erin can I ask you what just happened?”

I told him that Kristen got engaged, we cheered. He said "and when are you getting engaged?" I said "I’ll keep you posted," and he told me not to forget to…after he left I still thought it was funny and drew the following and sent it to Kristen.

From 101128
It’s my don’t forgagement ring.

I’m just going to keep going with the puns with the word engage. Hehehehehe How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t stop smiling!

Mr Rein, you just made my day!

1 comment: