My friend Lupe from Habitat sent and email February 13, 2011 and it's been tagged "To-Do" as in reply since I received it during the crunch Change in Action week. In the event that Lupe reads this on this blog, Lupe, I am sorry that my email was not a private note, I had to post because I wanted to remember how much I was cracking up when writing. So here it goes...12 weeks later, on May 9, 2011...
Lupe!! Oh my gosh I am sooo sorry it has take me this long to get back to you!!! I am not a bad friend, I am a friend who is drowning in an ocean of deadlines, papers, tests and presentations. I mean literally, I fall asleep every night with all of my subjects piled next to me. I have replaced the comfort of dolls with textbooks, binders and papers. [side note: I don't sleep with dolls, but you have to throw things like that in conversations with Lupe because he might be more sarcastic than me and shock value is all I have left] My bed sheets are covered in highlighter and pen marks. And it's not surprise when I wake up with pen marks on my face...
Have I miss all of baseball season??? You know the first day of my program the SF Giants won the World Series and the opening remarks presenter (an American) put on his SF hat...it was kind of cool! But my god if another season has come around, I'm reeeally in trouble. Time has FLOWN. Oh and sorry if that burned a little. Go A's. [Lupe is an A's fan]
I'm in finals now, how do you like that, when I actually do get back to you it's because I'm procrastinating...don't tell anyone. Except Natalie, but not Jamin! I have to maintain a reputation. And Tina, she'd probably be a mixed bag of disappointment and pride.
Spain is incredible, but I have to say I don't speak nearly as much Spanish as I'd like to think I should by month 7!!!!! My program is in English and I only get to speak in Spanish when I'm out, so not more than a few phrases daily and mostly related to food and drink. Thankfully I have four days off after finals and I'm spending my vacation in a place where I can be fully surrounded by non-English speakers....in FRANCE! It doesn't help my Spanish but it does help my waste line...and by help I mean hurt and by hurt I mean satisfy and by satisfy I mean torture in a good way, which is exactly like how learning Spanish has been, so there, I've come full circle. It's as if I am learning Spanish in France.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment