My classmate Londoner Kate Harrington flew to London last night to be in the epicenter of the event. I made a "whatApp" (a free text messaging Blackberry application) group named "William & Kate Wed 24-4." Kate was going to be our "ground crew" and send status updates from "the ground."
After our first class, at 10:20 we had a 40 minute break before group meeting. We went to our favorite coffee place (with the giant window) and for the first time I noticed they have a giant flat screen tv and the pre-wedding arrivals were being aired.
Game on. Guests were arriving, we were eagerly waiting anticipation for the bride and groom. In one shot there was a very good looking man, and I said that. Anne said "that's David Beckham." I would like to point out that his hair has grown back since he was playing soccer in LA!
![]() |
| From 110429 |
There was a woman in the crowd in the church that was wearing what I thought was a pretty sorry outfit, Anne said that was Camilla. I should just shut up. It wasn't her but there was some resemblance. The ocean of hats makes you want to have a "British themed" wedding and I told this to Anne and Sandra.
At 10:30 am classmate Kate messaged us and said that she was headed to the action. She stopped in a bakery to get scones and she sent us photos of some cupcakes in the shop. The car with Harry and William was just leaving Clarence house and I messaged Kate and to hit the streets and look for a Bentley, "put the cupcake down!!" Kate made it to West Minster Abbey and we were sending her updates of when vehicles were in transit and requesting updates from the action.
It was the lowest contributing workgroup meeting I've participated in. We were streaming the live video and my teammates made fun of my excitement over the event. I told them this wedding is to me, what Real Madrid futbol is to Andres. They laughed.
Just before noon I walked back down to the window place and waited for Anne, Sandra and Verity. We had a front row view of the wedding. After West Minster classmate Kate went to a packed bar and said everyone was singing the church songs. She then headed to the Mall at Buckingham and had an almost unimpeded view of “the kiss.” Charles and Camilla were blocking them.
During the hour marketing class which we were missing, my classmates in the lecture hall were sending messages saying how poor the guest speaker was. We have a "no electronics" policy in this class but classmates said that even our professor was standing behind someone telling them to pull up the video of the wedding, she wanted to make sure she hadn’t missed the kiss! We made the right decision.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment